Alpha

 This week we continued the making of my game further. Continuing on from last week I was having an issue with my player whenever I tried to add a rigid body component it would fall through the terrain I fixed this by adding in a mesh collider. This week I spent my time getting the controls down on my game now whenever the game starts the board takes off and can now be navigated using the left and right arrow keys. I learnt how to do this from following previous unity tutorials. 

with the player now able to navigate the course I added an if statement to the player controller script that enables the player to jump so now when the home button is pressed the player can jump in the air. I had to adjust the mass of the player in the rigid body because whenever I would jump the player would be suspended in the air for too long this would have caused problems later in the game because some obstacles in the game are meant to be cleared others are not. 

So far I think I'm on track for my game to be completed I spent a bit longer than I would have liked today sorting out the rigid body issue but with a few more sessions and I think I'll be able to complete my game.





Comments

  1. Hi Daniel,
    Great to see you are making good progress with your game, Unity can be a real pain at times but ive found it helpful to look at youtube tutorials to not only copy from them but I also gain inspiration from watching videos like such. The previous unity tutorials are also very very helpful, I tend to go back and have a look at them every now and then to refresh my memory. Anyways looks like you are on the right track, cant wait to see your finished product. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel, your game is looking great, really nice feature too add that the player can jump, I’m just wondering what is the objective of the game, is it to last as long as possible, collect stuff or make it to the end? I also think it would be cool to add something like a ramp somewhere along the track, it would be a simple and really cool feature to add in there. Anyway, your game is looking really good and I would really like to see and play the finished project. Good luck with finishing this game I hope it’s going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daniel your game looks great so far! Just wondering are you going to have a background for the environment such as a sky or maybe buildings? I like the idea of the 2 way road as I'm also doing a car game an only have one way. I also look up alot of videos to help me make my game- Best of luck hope it works out for you , Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniel, I really like the look of your game. I think it'll be cool to see it in action. I was wondering if you were going to include coins or powerups for the player to collect to change up the gameplay or will the obstacles be wave based and get harder each time. Either way I'm sure you have plans to round out the end product and polish your game up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Game Prototype